Wednesday 5 May 2010

Mercedes - 14.5 Months Old

Dear Mercedes,

If there was any question as to your walking status, it is completely gone now! You are already a pro and walk everywhere around the house, and at Pat's house also. You get better and steadier each and every day. It makes me proud to see you growing up, but also sad to see how quickly you are changing and learning new things. I just love you so much that I can't bear the thought of you becoming a teenager who says 'I hate you!' to me! I know it's a long way off, but I see how opinionated and stubborn you can be already.

In other news, you are learning more words and concepts every day and speaking more also. You can say mama, dada, Pat, ball, shoes. You love saying 'vroom, vroom' and having Daddy push you around on your new pink motorcycle.

You point to your belly and mouth and feet and try to 'help' put on your shoes ('soos') and socks and do up zippers and brush your teeth and your hair. You also love cleaning with a cloth or a kleenex - wiping the dog, or cats, or chairs. We should put you to work with a duster!

It's so much fun watching you soak up knowledge like a sponge - you are such a beautiful, smart girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment