Thursday 4 November 2010

Alexis - 10 Weeks 2 Days Pregnant

Dear Bean,

I have to admit, it's still kind of surreal to me to think that I am pregnant again. I thought I was in disbelief the first time, but it seems even stronger this time! Now that I have Mercedes, I KNOW what's it all about. I remember my pregnancy with your sister and her birth, and those wonderful but challenging newborn days. And it's shocking to me that right you are floating around in my belly, the size of a prune, and yet one day you will grow to walk and talk and giggle and hug me tight, just like your big sister. I can't wait!

In other news - I had my first midwife appointment for you last week. Talk about surreal! We discussed my pregnancy last time and my feelings about what kind of birth I'm hoping for with you. It seems so far away, but I know that time passes too swiftly. In two weeks I have my next ultrasound - I can't wait to see you jumping around on screen and hopefully get a nice picture of you. And then we can finally tell the rest of the world about you! Not that your father or I have been very good at keeping it secret. We're just so excited and can't wait to share that excitement with all of the other people who will love you too!

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment