Tuesday 29 November 2011

Alexis - 6 Months Old

Dear Alexis,

You are officially more than halfway to your first birthday! It's been the most amazing six months - watching you develop your little personality (so unique, and quite different from that of your big sister) and become a real part of our family has been amazing. You are sweet and cuddly and smiley and happy and very, very vocal. I love hearing everything that comes out of your mouth - fake coughs, growls, squeals and all. You've been sitting up unassisted for a while now, and just recently have discovered you can worm your way around on your belly (mostly backward!). You will get up on all fours and rock back and forth, but you haven't exactly figured out the crawling thing yet. It won't be long!

No teeth yet, but you did achieve another first this past week. Your first trip to the ER. Fun. You had croup, and it's sticking around as a lovely cold, which has made you fairly miserable sleep-wise. You are still lovely and smiley when you can be, but all you want to do is sleep on me, sleep with me, sleep sitting up in my arms. Poor muffin. I do love the cuddles though - I'll take 'em when I can get 'em!

Thanks for making the last six months such an adventure in our little family of four. You've completed us all in ways we never thought possible.

Love always,

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment