Sunday 20 November 2011

Mercedes - 33 Months Old

Dear Mercedes,

I always said that I would let you toilet-train yourself. Or rather, instead of toilet training, we'd think of it more as toilet learning. I didn't want to go through months of pressure and accidents and rushing to the bathroom every hour to catch all of your bodily fluids. We've had potties around the house forever, and you have certainly understood the basic concept for months. You've even had a few random pees and a poop on the potty, but they were basically flukes. As time passed, and all of your little friends became diaper-free, I started wondering when it would actually really click for you, and if I should push it more.

And then... two weeks ago, in the midst of us all battling a nasty gastro bug, you decided that you were done with diapers and wanted to wear underwear from now on! You were pee-trained instantly, and haven't had an accident since. Poop took a little longer, in large part because of the aforementioned gastro bug (ew). But it's safe to say, you are now completely diaper-free! (Well, except naps and nighttime - although you are holding your pee for remarkably long periods of time and waking up dry more often). We are so proud of you. You are so proud of yourself, as you should be! And I am immensely pleased that I followed my gut and let you figure it out on your own. I knew you would :)

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment